1. About us
- Hiscox Syndicates Limited, company number 02590623, registered address 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
- Hiscox Underwriting Services Limited, company number 03294530, registered address: 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
- Hiscox Underwriting Ltd, company number 02372789, registered address: 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
- Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, company number 00070234, registered address 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
- Hiscox Underwriting Group Services Limited, company number 04137419, registered address 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
Please note that from 1st January 2019, Hiscox SA has acquired the renewal rights from Hiscox Underwriting Limited for Ireland. The registered address of Hiscox SA is 35 Avenue Monterey L-2163, Luxembourg, Company No B217018.
Hiscox SA branch in the Republic of Ireland is registered with the Companies Registration Office with reference number 908764.
List of Local Offices is:
- Ireland - The Observatory, 7-11 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, D02 VC42, Republic of Ireland
- France - 38 Avenue de l’Opéra, 2ème étage, 75002 Paris
- Germany - Arnulfstrasse 31, 80636 Munich, Germany
- Spain - Paseo de la Castellana, 60 – 7th floor, 28046 Madrid, Spain
- Belgium - Bourgetlaan 42 B8, Building Airport, B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
- Netherlands - Hiscox Nederland, Arent Janszoon Ernststraat 595B, 1082 LD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Portugal - Hiscox Portugal, Edifício Atrium Saldanha, Praça Duque de Saldanha, n.º 1, 5, 1050-094 Lisboa, Portugal
When using our websites, your personal information will be processed by different Hiscox Group companies listed above, who will be the 'data controller'. Please contact us via the contact details set out below if you would like further information on this.
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- track your preferences;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our website;
- allow you to use our website in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient; and
- improve and update our website.
3. Different types of cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
|OneTrust is a cookie law compliance solution that displays the cookie notice and stores user cookie preferences.
|Cloudflare provides technology to help protect our site against brute force attacks and threats to our website. It also improves the loading speed of web pages thanks to its global CDN.
|We use New Relic to monitor the loading and unloading time of our website.
|This cookie is used for customer experience improvement. Boolean value is stalled.
Analytical / performance cookies
These types of cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This assists us in improving the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
|We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our website. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the user experience.
|We use FullStory to capture and record user sessions on our website. This enables us to view anonymoised recordings of user interactions, helping us gain insights into user behaviour and optimise our website's usability. FullStory's technology does not record any personal data or any sensitive information. Click here to learn more on how FullStory use first party cookies.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
|To promote the sharing of blog articles on social networks
a few seconds,
a few seconds,
a few seconds
a few seconds
When you visit our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to us. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of such cookies and we advise you to check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. To disable all targeted Hiscox adverts on other companies' websites, please visit Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/) where you will be able to opt out of the Microsoft, Amazon, Google, AppNexus, Turn, Facebook and Twitter Advertising networks. Please note, by opting out of the Advertising networks listed, this will disable targeted adverts for Hiscox and any other companies that use these networks. Hiscox uses suppliers that may set cookies on our website in order to deliver various services.
- Sharing buttons (twitter, facebook, and linkedin)
- Lists of tweets (Twitter)
- Videos posted on the site (youtube or vimeo)
4. Manage your cookie preferences
To limit or block the cookies which are set by Hiscox, you can amend your browser’s privacy settings. The Help function within your web browser will explain how this is done.
Visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out how to limit or block cookies on an array of different browsers. There are details on how to delete cookies as well as general information about them. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone you will need to refer to the manufacturer’s guide. Please be aware that if you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work if you choose to limit or block cookies.
5. Changes to this policy
More information on privacy and cookies