1. About us
- Hiscox Syndicates Limited, company number 02590623, registered address 1 Great St Helens, London, EC3A 6HX
- Hiscox Underwriting Services Limited, company number 03294530, registered address: 1 Great St Helens, London EC3A 6HX
- Hiscox Underwriting Ltd, company number 02372789, registered address: 1 Great St Helens, London EC3A 6HX.
- Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, company number 00070234, registered address 1 Great St Helens, London, EC3A 6HX
- Hiscox Underwriting Group Services Limited, company number 04137419, registered address 1 Great St Helens, London, EC3A 6HX
Please note that from 1st January 2019, Hiscox SA has acquired the renewal rights from Hiscox Underwriting Limited for Ireland. The registered address of Hiscox SA is 35F Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, Company No B217018.
Hiscox SA branch in the Republic of Ireland is registered with the Companies Registration Office with reference number 908764.
List of Local Offices is:
- Ireland - The Observatory, 7-11 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, D02 VC42, Republic of Ireland
- France - 38 Avenue de l’Opéra, 2ème étage, 75002 Paris
- Germany - Arnulfstrasse 31, 80636 Munich, Germany
- Spain - Paseo de la Castellana, 60 – 7th floor, 28046 Madrid, Spain
- Belgium - Bourgetlaan 42 B8, Building Airport, B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
- Netherlands - Hiscox Nederland, Arent Janszoon Ernststraat 595B, 1082 LD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Portugal - Hiscox Portugal, Edifício Atrium Saldanha, Praça Duque de Saldanha, n.º 1, 5, 1050-094 Lisboa, Portugal
When using our websites, your personal information will be processed by different Hiscox Group companies listed above, who will be the 'data controller'. Please contact us via the contact details set out below if you would like further information on this.
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- track your preferences;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our website;
- allow you to use our website in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient; and
- improve and update our website.
3. Different types of cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
|Cookie Subgroup||Cookies||Cookies Description|
|OneTrust||OptanonAlertBoxClosed, OptanonConsent||Store the cookies consent preference|
|CloudFlare||__cfduid||CloudFlare is a CDN network Hiscox used to provide secure connection|
|Identifies which server instance the user’s session data is on|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||A unique identifier used to look-up data server side|
|_RequestVerificationToken||Prevents cross-site request forgery attacks|
|agent||Authentication for a logged-in agent (on agent sites)|
|ai_user||Used by application insights in azure|
|cookiesession1||Fortiweb WAF cookie|
|sessionExpirationWarningTime||Used to determine when to warn of session expiry|
|pageUnloaded||Used when logging page load times|
|CustomerAuth_880||Customer portal authentication cookie|
|ai_session||Used by application insights in azure|
|NewRelic||JSESSIONID||Hiscox uses NewRelic to monitor our service uptime to ensure the website is up and running.|
Analytical / performance cookies
These types of cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This assists us in improving the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
|Cookie Subgroup||Cookies||Cookies Description|
|Google Analytics||_ga, _gat_UA-21721659-32, _gid||Google Analytics helps us to understand our visitor's behaviour and allow us to make improvements to better our user's experience. It's a win-win relationship.|
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
|Cookie Subgroup||Cookies||Cookies description|
|Affiliate||awxxxx||Used to attribute commission to affiliates when you arrive at the website from an affiliate referral link. It is set when you click on one of our links and used to let the advertiser and us know the website from which you came.|
4. Manage your cookie preferences
To limit or block the cookies which are set by Hiscox, you can amend your browser’s privacy settings. The Help function within your web browser will explain how this is done.
Visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out how to limit or block cookies on an array of different browsers. There are details on how to delete cookies as well as general information about them. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone you will need to refer to the manufacturer’s guide. Please be aware that if you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work if you choose to limit or block cookies.
5. Changes to this policy
More information on privacy and cookies